Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Maximum Ride, James Patterson,***

Maximum Ride is a series but I have only read 1 book of the series. The first book is called, "The Angel Experiment". This book is a little violent and I don't think that anybody under sixth grade should really read this book. I think that this is a good book for sixth/seventh and up.

This book is about Maximum Ride (Max) and her flock. Which is Fang, Iggy,Nudge,Gasman (Gazzy) and Angel. They are the results of a genetic experiment. They were still babies when they got experimented on. They have the gift to fly. In this story they are on the run from the scientists who made them. They are being followed by another species of genetic experiments, which were called Erasers. Designed by the scientists to hunt the flock down. The leader of the erasers is Ari. When Angel (the six year old of the flock) gets kidnapped by the erasers it is up to the flock to rescue her. While they are rescuing Angel, Max is faced with the question of their origins. In the end there is a more important mission for Max alone to face, SAVE THE WORLD.

I like this book because it has a lot adventure and a small touch of romance. I think the best part in this book for me is when Angel is saved from the erasers. The whole flock is flying away from the scientists (white coats) in this part of the book. Jeb (a man who helped the flock before) was shouting, "Max! Please! This was all a test! Don't you get it? You were safe here! This was only a test! You have to trust me-I'm the only one you can trust! Come back-let me explain!"This howed a lot of emotion coming out of Jeb. I would recomend this book to very few people because this book is kind of violent and I don't think that much people would like it.

No comments: